Sunday 22 November 2009

Weekend

Time is flying by and I'm not really sure where it's going... among other things, I've had no time to post nor to catch up on all my usual blog reading. On the plus side, I'm sure there are lots of wonderful posts for me to catch up on.

This weekend started with my first Christmas get together, a very pleasant evening with friends for drinks and supper at Crazy Bear. The food was great, as always, so I was far too full to indulge in their (and my very favourite) salted caramel dessert.

We had a day of household repairs planned for yesterday, but instead decided to take ourselves off to the Norwegian and Finnish Church Christmas fairs. We stopped for a delicious coffee at Monmouth on Maltby Street, which is where they roast their beans. It is only open for a short time on Saturday morning and they are joined by Neal's Yard Dairy and Fern Varrow. The fairs were both fruitful, I came away with a variety of toadstool decorations from the Norwegian fair and a Finnish Moomintroll baking pan and Moomin some cookies.











Today I had the second of four Sewing Clinic classes at City Lit. I'm finally learning how to use a sewing machine and hopefully is my first step towards this little dream.

4 comments:

nath said...

oh wow! that finnish fair looked AMAZING! so christmassy. in a good way.

and sewing! that's exciting.

Sneaky Magpie said...

I went to the winter wonderland this weekend but the skandi fairs are much more of my thing than the german stuff, I suppose i missed it!

sawing is such a great skill, I am not very good at it but my hubby is (surprisingly!).

Lisa Kjellerød said...

Oh, Im gutted! Had this in my diary all year after missing last years and only just remembered when reading your post!! Argh!

read me... said...

It was my first time at the fairs, they were small but both had a real buzz and made me feel nice and festive. I think they also have fairs at Easter...