Thursday 21 February 2008

Crochet

On Saturday morning I went to a crochet class, with my sweet friend Deerylou, which was being held in Liberty, our favourite department store in London. The class was being taught by a lovely woman from Rowan.
I much prefer crochet to knitting, which seems to make me rather angry, and without having much skill at all I have managed to crochet myself a chunky and very cozy scarf. I used a 15mm hook and three balls of Rowan's Big Wool in a beautiful dark grey colour. Here are some snaps of my small triumph...



Unfortunately, my skill only stretches to crocheting the rows... tension, joining a new ball of wool and finishing off all need some attention. Nonetheless, I have two orders in from colleagues, who appear to be impressed with my efforts, so I need to get to Liberty fast for some more yarn...

1 comment:

cd&m said...

I'm impressed by your chochet too, congrats on the orders and have fun at Liberty.