Saturday 28 June 2008

Home baking...

We've been invited to friends' tomorrow for lunch, so I decided that I'd make and take a cake... Actually, I decided that I'd use it as an opportunity to try making a batch of Marie Tuttle's caramel sea salt brownies.

I've been obsessing about them since seeing her New York bakery website. I followed Mari's recipe but found the brownies a little too sweet.

Yesterday I had a trial run using Nigel Slater's 'very good chocolate brownie recipe', and despite using a little too much of the caramel I could tell that this was much more to my liking.

And... if brownies aren't enough, I had another go at making the Rose Bakery ginger cake.

3 comments:

yasu said...

sounds good! i love brownies. if i had a oven in my kitchen, i would make some, too..the ginger cake sounds nice, too

Anonymous said...

well, i do have a oven in my kichen, but i don't make brownies that often...But fortunatly made one this we, fighting not to finish it this morning !
first visit, nice blog !

read me... said...

Yasu, the ginger cake is so good... but as you're now in Paris you can make your way to the Rose Bakery and have some of the real stuff!

Marie Blablog, how easy it is to eat the lot way too quickly!! Thanks for visiting & commenting, I'm glad you like read me...