Sunday 14 August 2011

1

He is 1 today, my little Boo. A full year has passed since his arrival and, despite the roller coaster ups and downs which parenthood brings with it, it really has been best year of my life.

Milo is so full of possibility, he's engaging and interested in everything going on around him. He has such a wonderful range of laughs, all signify a different happy emotion. It would be hard to select a favourite, but the low hushed Mutley type giggle he lets out when he gets hold of something he knows he shouldn't have is pretty close.

He is full of determination, and sometimes it seems he'd stop at nothing to do or get what he wants, climbing to reach the living room blind chords for a good old pull (I fail to see where the fun is in this myself, but he LOVES it), frequent stunt man antics off the sofa and bed and a good dig around in the dirt whenever the opportunity presents. Since he first started to crawl, it seems he was able to climb the stairs too.

Best of all is the love that someone so small, with so much still to learn, is able to give. Not only to me and his daddy, but also to his grandmothers, with whom he is fortunately able to spend lots of time with and his granddad Johnny.

I feel extremely lucky to have been given this happy little boy to nurture and care for. I hope I'm up to the job Boo.

Happy birthday Milo X






















5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Milo!
Glad you're having a good time and here's to many more.

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday Milo!
Love
Deerylou xxxx

Sneaky Magpie said...

Happy Birthday! Such a wonderful year, and look at those teeth!

read me... said...

Thank you all, I'm sure he had no idea what was going on!!

nina said...

A late congratulations to you all! Wow, a year already... How smart he already looks!
And yeah, so much can change in so little time, sometimes you look at your little baby that has already grown so much and then it's hard to believe.