Monday 23 June 2008

Toy-A-Day

On Tuesday 20 May, Joe started a year long project called Toy-A-Day, and he will be making and posting a paper toy every day for a year... I think it's a brilliant idea and can't wait to see the final toy in May 2009!

Some of my very favourite illustrated characters have already made an appearance... Astro Boy and his sister Astro Girl, Moomintroll, TinTin, Hello Kitty and Charlie Brown...



Some suggestions for Joe, should he be interested, are Olive The Other Reindeer, Snoopy (who I am sure will be seen soon) and a traditional red heel sock monkey... to name just a few.

Found via Yeah, Yeah, Whatever... thanks Kate!

6 comments:

Hila said...

These are so cute, I love them!
Thanks for dropping by my blog - glad to have found your's.

Unknown said...

You are most welcome... feel free to send me those roses in your previous post! They're amazing.

faz said...

They are so cute!!! I didn't know Astra boy had a girlfriend..heheh. One every single day of the year is very ambitious

Vittorio said...

Hey faz, I think she is not Astro's girlfriend, is his sister.

read me... said...

Yes, Vittorio, she's his sister... her Japanese name is Uran. Astro boy is Tetsuwan in Japanese.

Faz... you can download the templates to make the characters yourslf... I've downloaded Astro boy today!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

So cute! A sock money should be next. I love them...